Desserts are probably the worst diet saboteurs, but we know it’s also good — practically essential — to treat ourselves now and then. Smooth and tangy, this lightened-up and portion-controlled cheesecake satisfies without being loaded in fat, sugar and calories — or losing an ounce of decadent flavor. Cheers to eating dessert and staying on track of your health goals!
Lightened-Up No-Bake Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) finely crushed low-fat plain granola (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 (8-ounce or 240 grams) package Neufchatel or reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (285 grams) plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 medium (95 grams) strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup (50 grams) blueberries
Place 8 paper liners in each of 8 cups of a muffin pan. Spoon about 1 tablespoon crushed cereal in each, pressing down.
Beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in yogurt, honey and vanilla. Spoon 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture into each cup. Cover and refrigerator 2–4 hours or until firm. Top evenly with strawberries and blueberries. Serve chilled.
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 1 cheesecake cup
Per serving: Calories: 128; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 19mg; Sodium: 166mg; Carbohydrate: 14g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 5g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 40mg; Iron: 1%; Vitamin A: 7%; Vitamin C: 12%; Calcium: 6%