Today, we’re featuring Kim’s Cravings‘ recipe for creamy tuna avocado egg salad rolled into a whole-grain wrap.
Tuna Avocado Egg Salad
- 1 (5 ounces) can tuna packed in water, drained and shredded with a fork
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled egg whites, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash, garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large Haas avocado (or 2 small avocados), pitted and diced
- 5 large whole grain tortillas (about 42 grams each or 120 calories each)
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, except for the diced avocados. Stir in the diced avocados last. Spoon 1/2 cup of egg salad mixture to 1 large whole grain tortilla. Roll and enjoy!
Serves: 5 | Serving Size: 1/2 cup salad mixture + 1 large tortilla
Per serving: Calories: 226; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 101mg; Sodium: 557mg; Carbohydrate: 24g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 15g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 263mg; Iron: 10%; Vitamin A: 7%; Vitamin C: 5%; Calcium: 12%
Kim is the healthy living blogger behind Kim’s Cravings, a blog designed to inspire others to make smart choices when it comes to feeding their bodies. Kim enjoys learning about food and creating healthy recipes for her family. For more from Kim, visit her blog and connect with her on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Photo courtesy of Kim Lee. Original recipe published on Kim’s Cravings.